Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Trail Cam Tuesday - May 3, 2011

This past Saturday was my first day getting out to Turkey hunt and with the trail camera pictures I had been getting I was optimistic about taking my first gobbler. As I slipped into turkey blind I managed to pull the card out of my trail camera, to say the least this got my blood boiling with excitement! As the morning wore on, I only had one turkey gobble early, well over 200 yards away, but I was still hopeful as the most of the pictures I had got where from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. The other time they were in there was around 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM, in WV we must be out of the woods by 1:00PM, so I was hoping they would make an early appearance that day, luckily one did. The only problem, the gobbler entered from a way I wasn't expecting. As he entered into the area he and I were calling back and forth and before I could even raise my shotgun, he bolted. After I was done hunting for the day I went to investigate what made him uneasy, come to find out they way he entered he couldn't see my decoys and when he heard a turkey but didn't see one he bolted. With these pictures, I am still hoping for better luck next weekend.

Look at the beard dragging the ground.

Gobble, Gobble!!!

They've been gobbling their heads off, too bad
that didn't happen when I was in the woods.

Hmm.. Vision of a double...

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the way they look when they gobble. It cracks me up! So goofy. Hopefully you'll have better luck next weekend!! Prospects look good! I'm thinking about writing the story of my first get...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both..

    @ Katie - Thanks for the luck and I am hoping with that many up there I can get one..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...