Monday, March 28, 2011

On the Water: March 19, 2011

Two weekends, amidst the moving, I managed to sneak out for a morning of fishing. This was the first time I managed to make it out this year, and I must say, even though I only caught one fish, it was a great first outing and exactly what I need to relax a little. I am going to leave you with a few pictures I snapped from this adventure.

Heading out for the morning..

Mile Marker #3

Overlooking the Cheat River..



Self-Portrait: Rainbow Trout - Estimated 19 3/4" 3.75 lbs.

Of course Jay was a half mile ahead of us. Haha.

Lunch: Canned Venison with Barbecue Sauce
Look what I found, a slightly used Carlisle Paddle. 
Heading home..

11 comments:

  1. That looks like an awesome place. Nice Rainbow as well. I guess the moving ain't so bad afterall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great opening pair of shots, the Jeep and the mile marker. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos - just gorgeous area! Nice catch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those pics were awesome and that was for sure a nice rainbow. It makes me wish I was out there with ya.

    Whitetail Woods™
    Whitetail Woods Blog / Deer Hunting and Blackpowder Shooting at it’s best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty fish! I haven't fished the Cheat River since I was a very young kid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Mile Marker shot is awesome! Great fish, too - looks the kind of place I would love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's what I'm talking about! A perfect day outside...great location, great friends, great fishing and great food. I am now officially jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful area and a beautiful 'Bow also. Thanks for sharing with your fellow blogging friends. BTW, that meal would hit the spot about right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice pictures. Love the mile marker picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the great comments about the pictures and fish!!

    Rick, Joe, and Mel if you feel like taking a trip, you're more than welcome to come fish with me anytime.. JM you know where it's at let me know when you're heading up this way.. Haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...