Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Trail Cam Tuesday - Feb. 22, 2011

Last weeks installment of Trail Cam Tuesday brought you a sow and her cubs, Brain of HeyBJK remarked how he had rarely saw cubs on camera. That got me thinking about other animals I had captured with my trail camera, of course I have pictures of deer, turkey, and as you have seen, bear. There aren't many other animals I've had the chance to capture. Let me take a step back for a moment and say, when I first got my trail cam I was ecstatic just to get anything on camera, hell even a crow in flight even got me excited, but I started out with hopes of catching everything that wandered through the woods. I quickly learned that although I was excited to get pictures, you can only look at the same doe with the same 37 flies on her back so many times before you want to see something more exciting. This is when I sat out to try to get imagines of different creatures. After branching out to turkeys and bear, I've now started on my top three animals to capture on Bell Hill (Foggy Mountain). It didn't take long to chip one off the list, but I've only managed to get two imagines of this animal and he has yet to come across my camera again.

Top 3
1. Bobcat
2. Fisher
3. Coyote

Well, which one do you think it was I got lucky enough to see first?

I'm not sure, but it looks like he's trailing something.

Yes, that's right Mr. Wile E. Coyote.
I'm not sure if how rare it is to get a coyote on a trail camera, but either way I found in pretty interesting. Anyone else have any good or interesting trail cam pictures of coyotes or any of my top three for that matter?

4 comments:

  1. Ahahhaha. I love the eyes. They look seriously creepy- like cartoon with bug eyes.

    Hope you get a picture of that bobcat! It would be neat to see!

    HLYH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen bobcats several times while hunting, but not on trail cams. I believe Kari (I Don't Wear Pink Camo to the Woods) had a fisher on her trail cam last year. Pretty sure it was her.

    Cool shots of the yote! We've got tons of them, but have never captured one on camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That second shot of the coyote I find very intriguing. Appreciate you sharing your photos of West Virginia wildlife.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...