Monday, February 7, 2011

Random Ramblings 2.0

Mid way through January I did a post entitled "Random Ramblings," well it's about that time again. Time to play a little catch up and give a little look into the future.


Just like Momma made 'em, wait she did.. 

  • Shouldn't the day after the Super Bowl be a National Holiday, or at least a delayed start to the day? And no, before everyone thinks it, I didn't even have a beer last night, but more of a food induced comma is how I'd describe it. I hope everyone was able to send some quality time with their friends and family while watching the Super Bowl or the commercials and halftime show, which ever one you are really there for. As for my family, we were rooting for the Packers so it turned out to be a great night. We had some great food also, thanks to my Dad, that included everything from homemade shredded beef in enchilada sauce with Spanish rice, Texas Caviar (I'll be having a post on making this one in the near future), and Chicken Wing Dip to the amazing Sausage Dip, Cassie made. And my mom conquered the desserts with some cookies and Puppy Chow ( if you haven't tried this you need to!!).

  • If you guys like product reviews, I am planning to have a few coming your way soon! Everything from clothes to tackle and even some odds and ends, so you'll need to stay tuned for further updates.


  • I know that because I am going to say this now it's never going to happen, but Jay and I were talking this weekend about trying to fish. The waters were still a little to high to be braved this past weekend, but we are still trying to get out there and fish in the next few weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to catch one in February to be able to start working on another one of my Goals for 2011.

  • To end this a special Thank You needs to go out to JM over at Something's Fishy. He has a semi-regular post called the "Sunday Shout Out," and this past Sunday's was about myself and Foggy Mountain Meanderings. If you'd like to read his post you can find it here.

3 comments:

  1. You're very welcome man! I always like coming over here and looking through your trail cam shots. Can't wait until you start digging ramps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you were rooting for the Packers! :o Anyway it sounds like you had some good grub for the game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @JM- Hmm.. I can taste those ramps already, nothing better than a few fresh caught trout stuffed with ramps.

    @Bill- Born and Raised a Redskins fan.. And have spent the rest of my life being harassed for not being a Steelers fan.. So :P.. But definitely some great food!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...