Saturday, August 20, 2011

Weekend Recap: August 13 & 14, 2011

I had this post almost finished prior to our internet issues and I was lucky enough to get it finished and posted today. Lets hope Frontier gets us up and running in full capacity ASAP! For now I'm going to give everyone a glimpse into what happened this past weekend with a few pictures and brief descriptions. If you pay close attention this might even play spoiler to a few blog posts in the future.

This weekend started a little earlier than normal, try 2:30 AM. Normally those hours are kept for hunting and fishing, but in actuality we were taking Cassie's brother to the airport in Pittsburgh when we saw this great sunrise in the side view mirror. It can't really compare to a sunrise while sitting on sand, but it still was a welcomed site after an already long morning.

Next in line was a trip to the garden to harvest a few things, a short nap and a second breakfast. A friend of the family, Chris, came up for the day. This trip was spurred on by food, guns, and dogs. Ok, ok, I'll give a little more explanation to that one. In my previous post about how to make Pickled Hot Dogs and Peppers, everyone learned about my Dad's love for hot peppers. Chris wanted to pick my dad's brain to get some new recipes and help with hot peppers. My dad  was excited to get to teach Chris how to make his famous hot pepper relish, and if you're luck everyone here might get the recipe too.
L: Prep for making the Hot Pepper Relish - R: Chris learning and make his first batch

Once everything was cleaned up and stored, we ran down to the local watering hole to grab a quick bite. Next, we decided to go do one of my favorite things, target practice.  This was an interesting experience as Chris is an XD fan and as you all know I prefer Glock myself. Needless to say there was a lot of shooting to compare and contrast. All I learned is that I love to shoot and want more guns, but then again who doesn't?

We even busted out the old Marlin Model 782 - .22 Mag
L to R: Chris & Myself
After all that fun we decided it was time to reward Buster and Maya with a trip to the river and even a game of fetch. The fun and games with the pooches proceeded till near dark. The dogs laying at our feet half asleep was a sign that enough was an enough and the days adventures came to an end.


Sunday was a more low key, but we did manage to go blackberry picking. It was just enough to make some jam, but that a post for another time.


3 comments:

  1. yum to the berries!!! and gotta love a good, wet, tired-out dog (or two! or 5 in my case!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to have the recipe.. We have a ton of peppers this year.

    Who doesn't want more guns, and more time to shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I'm talking about! Guns and jam! I can't wait to see the hot pepper recipe. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...