Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Trail Cam Tuesday - June 21, 2011

I know, I know... Everyone is expecting to see what my new trail camera can do, but you are going to have to wait one more week. I am going to give my old Moultrie one last hoorah on Trail Cam Tuesday. This past weekend Jay and I headed to Foggy Mountain to retire my Moultrie CDC 5.0 and replace it with the M-80. Simple enough you'd think, but we had over looked the fact that there were a few wind storms and nasty storms in the past week. When we started to make the turn onto our property we found a tree down blocking our path. Neither one of us had a chain or hand saw with us so we had no choice but to walk from that point on. Not a bad walk at all, it is always nice to take a walk in the woods, but those pesky rain clouds sure made us walk a little quicker. As we walked in on my tree stand location Jay looked at me and asked if my camera had been moved, I wasn't sure, but come to find out it has been.

One of the first visitors we had on this round of footage.
 This year, in West Virginia, we two full weeks of Whitetail Archery Season before Bear Archery Season comes in wouldn't that be a nice addition to the season.

A young buck cutting across the one of my shooting lanes,
another year or two and he might have to worry a little more.

The cameras life wouldn't have been complete if I didn't have a bear mess around with it one last time. It has been through so much in the last three years plus it has been out, I am a little sad to see it go.

  1. Notice the arrow pointing out the bear at the top of screen, not even noticing the camera,
  2. Well.... He noticed it and it looks like he has part of his ear in the picture.
  3. He wasn't done playing with it.. Looks like he wants to make it a chew toy.
  4. Not much going on here besides the fact that my camera is now looking at the ground, good thing I was coming to check it that weekend.
Look for the first round of pictures from the new Moultrie M-80 next week.

4 comments:

  1. well, it still does a great job - even with bears swiping at it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, It does but the flash has completely went out in and now doesn't take anything but black pictures at night. Otherwise it'd still be out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always like bear photos. We've seen bear sign and bear damage around our cabin, but have never seen a bear. I hope that new camera works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That just amazes me that bears can pick out a camera like that....and then whack it to death! haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...