Monday, January 31, 2011

I got an award?!

That's right I got an award, you read that right. I couldn't believe it either when Glynn over at A Reel Lady (if you have checked Glynn's blog out yet, you need to!!), tweeted me telling me she had mentioned myself and a few others on her blog early last week. To my surprise I find out that she had awarded all of us this award :


There are a few duties that the recipient of this award need to perform:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award. 
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Give the award to 15 recently discovered worthy bloggers.
4. Contact them to make them aware of the award.

Seven Random Facts:
  1. Surprisingly enough, and I do have victims friends to back this up, I am a great cook. You'd never guess it considering Cassie does 95% of the cooking anymore, but I still love to get in the kitchen and pretend to be Bobby Flay now and again.
  2. For most of my college years I never thought I wanted or needed a girlfriend or would ever want a wife, but come to find out, I was really wrong. Happily, I have someone moving in with me this spring. Wish me (and her more so) luck!!
  3. With #2 wrote, I'm also inheriting a Boston Terrier named Buster, never thought I could like a small dog, but he's growing on me. You can see a picture of him (and all of us) in the bottom picture from "How I spent my Saturday"
  4. After being out of college for almost two years now, I'm heading back to my Alma mater, West Virginia University for a Master in nothing close to what my Bachelors is in.
  5. I started this blog as a half witted idea and never thought I'd take it serious or have it last more than a week or two. Well, that was back in the beginning of September, and with the support I'm getting from friends and family, and the new friends I've met on here, I don't think I'm going to be able to look back.
  6. I have worked as a Daycare/Summer Program teacher before, and currently work in the Finance Office. (Grew up with both parents being teachers, apple couldn't fall to far from the tree)
  7. I never seem to take the easy road when it comes to the outdoors. I started hunting, I chose to start back into it bow hunting. I started fly fishing, I only wanted to us my own flies I tied. The funniest one, I wanted to learn how to can, so I asked made my mom teach me how to make blackberry jam and can it. **Bonus** - I love PB&Js, hence the blackberry jam.
Now on to the 15 awards I need to give out.. Most of these, I'm sure, are going to be repeated by now (sorry for that, I'm a little late on this post). But here they are anyways. Most of these are ones I either read daily or have influenced me in one way or another.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks a bunch for the mention on here! I always love readin' little tid-bits about others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Justin! I grew up in West "by god" Virginia. Did a lot of fishing on the New and Greenbrier.

    Well deserved award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Kari - Thanks and me too, sometimes those tid-bits are things that you'd never know, but leave you with a whole new outlook on a person.

    @Brian - Thanks and I wondered what part when I saw on your blog about you living in WV.. Most of my fishing is done in the northern half of the state, but I'm working my way south, trip by trip..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Justin - Thanks for the award! I should probably do one of these posts sooner or later. Your blog is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You caught my attention with the canning....we made blackberry wine this year and I made jam with the leftover blackberries they didn't use. How did you de-seed your berries? I ran mine through a seive and still had a lot of seeds in my jam.

    Great list too. I am definitely gonna check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations :). And you just needed to find the RIGHT girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the award Justin! I don't know when I'll get around to this. But it's appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually lived just outside Huntington, Justin, but made many trips to Beckley to fish. I'm a Marshall grad - hopefully, that won't change your opinion! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the include, it's an honor to be part of your list. PB&Js are definitely underrated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Rebecca - Of course you'd be the on to say that and thanks..

    @Bill - No problem and it's well deserved..

    @Brian - Ehh.. Might change it a little, but I think you'll be all right.. Haha..

    Mike - No doubt on the PB&Js.. Glad to see there's another person out there who understands..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...