Thursday, January 20, 2011

Random Ramblings

Today's post is a hodge-podge of thoughts, happenings, and things that just quite didn't make it to be a full post or even thought in my head for that matter. Instead of inserting a bunch of filler right here and making you read more nonsense that what is about to happen, I'm just going to cut to the chase. I'm going to do this in a bulleted list, it seems to me the most clean cut way to break up these ideas. You can run now if you want to remain safe, I won't blame you. Haha.. 

  • First and foremost, I promise I will finish with the Deer Jerky recipe tonight, it seems like I've been promising this for a week now (oh wait I have been), but there were a few things that took longer this week so, it should be up tomorrow.

  • Sometime today, Jay said he'd be kind enough to run and retrieve my trail camera that we had set up close to my tree stand still. I'm hoping for one the bears didn't get to it again, but with all the snow I'm guessing they didn't. Two, I'm anxious to see what kind of pictures there are on there, maybe one of a buck with a half rack or even half of it just hanging on or maybe we'll start getting some early turkey sign considering we're going turkey hunting on this property for the first time this spring. Either way you guys are going to be seeing some trail cam pictures here in the near future.

  • Anyone else sick of the snow, I don't mind it, but when there's no sun and it just snows, that's what I get tired of it. So guess what The Weather Channel is calling for tonight more snow!! Another 3"-5" tonight with more tomorrow. I'm thankful Jay's getting that Trail Cam down now before I can't get to it again.

  • As you all know I've been part of the Outdoor Blogger Network (OBN) for a few weeks now and have been reading it for months. They recently had a post on Facebook and increasing you traffic on your blog and how to create a Facebook page for your blog, I had been contemplating this idea for a while and with the gentle nudge of this post I decided to finally break down and do it. It's still in the infancy stages and most of the likes are friends and family, but I'm working on trying to understand everything more with it, so bare with me. If you would like to visit the Foggy Mountain Meanderings Facebook page you can find the Facebook Box in the column on this right side of this page or click here. If you really like it and are a member of Facebook you can go ahead "Like" it!!

  • One more social networking tid-bit as well, I'm sure you saw the Twitter feed under the Facebook box, if you are interested in an live updates on my adventures, random thoughts and ideas, or my commentary on WVU sports, you can follow me @foggymtnmeander. Not to mention there are a lot, I mean A LOT, of other great outdoor bloggers to follow on twitter also. Just to give you a few to follow: Tommy from "Following Ghost", Kari  from "I Don't Wear Pink Camo to the Woods", and Dennis from "Adventures... with Dad". There are a few to get you started, sorry if I left you out. I'm planning on doing a whole post on Twitter related stuff and the random characters on there. If I didn't get you this time, be warned I'll be sure to get on the next one. Haha. 

Thank you everyone for hanging in there on the first post of this nature, I'm not sure if I like yet or not. It'd be great to hear everyones opinions and thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the twitter mention. That rocks!

    And just so you know, I like this kind of post to keep me up to speed much better then I like filler. Just my thoughts!

    Keep up the good work here!
    Kari

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...