Friday, May 18, 2012

30/30 Marinade

Now don't get me wrong, I love the pure taste of venison more than anything. I had a conversation with one of my uncles a few days ago about how I don't mix anything into my deer burger when I make it. I do that because I like love the taste of venison. With that being said though, I like to change things up from time to time and marinade my venison steak or any steaks  in my homemade 30/30 Marinade. This is a great marinade to use if you are processing a deer and want to have some fresh venison, this is exactly what I did last fall when  I took my first deer with a bow. It also works great for a normal marinade for when you have some buddies coming over! You might be left wondering why it is called the 30/30 Marinade though, it is simply because it only takes thirty seconds to make it only needs 30 minutes of marinading before you grill/cook it.

Ingredients
  • Wet 
    • 1/2 Cup - Soy Sauce
    • 2 tbsp - Worcestershire Sauce
    • 1 tbsp - Teriyaki Sauce
    • 1 tsp - White Wine Vinegar
  • Dry 
    • 1 tbsp - Brown Sugar
    • 1 tsp - Ground Black Pepper
    • 1/2 tsp - Garlic Powder
Step One: Combine all the wet ingredients into a small mixing bowl and stir to mix.

Step Two: Add the brown sugar to the mixture and continue to stir. Make sure brown sugar dissolves before adding the rest of the dry ingredients. 

Step Three: Pour marinade over meat and let sit for a minimum of thirty minutes but you can allow for this marinade to sit for up to six hours in the fridge. 


3 comments:

  1. 30 second to make + 30 min to soak = 30/30....LOVE IT!! The brown sugar sounds good in this marinade...I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it! It really just added a new flavor to the meat rather than covering up its taste.

      Delete
  2. Justin, you know I'm going to have to try this, right?? Bring on the burgers & fire up the grill!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...