Friday, March 16, 2012

Huntography gets Hyperlocal in West Virginia

For all of you that read this blog or follow me on Twitter, I'm sure you have heard , read about, or looked at Huntography at one point and time. If you haven't, you really need to go check out the site and even try and grab the DVDs. If you're still asking what Huntography is you can read this which is directly from their site...
"Huntography is a grassroots hunting movement. We film, blog & socialize the authentic stories & experiences of America’s hunters. Through first person storytelling & documentary filmmaking, we are showing what really happens in the outdoors. It’s a type of reality journalism that has been missing from outdoor television, videos and blogs." 
Something that most people that read this blog doesn't know is that about this time last year, Rudy of Huntography contacted me and wanted to come to West Virginia to film me hunting on Foggy Mountain. Unfortunately, due to school and class schedules, I wasn't able to host him on this past years Social Media #deetour. That hasn't stop my support or my drive to get it worked out so that I can host him this coming year.

Jesse Coe - WV Huntography Managing Editor
On March 2, 2012 Huntography announced that they were expanding their operations to include state level Managing Editors, this would include the 13 hunters/huntress spanning over nine states that were filmed in this past years 2011 edition of Huntography. Within minutes of seeing this I was in contact with Rudy to see if it was a possibility to expand this to West Virginia, before I could even get out that I was interested and wanting to do it, I was assigned Managing Editor of West Virginia. To say I was ecstatic was an understatement. On March 12, 2012 it was announce that two more states would be added that included three new Managing Editors. My fellow Managing Editor for West Virginia is none other that Jesse Coe, you may be asking yourself who this kid is, and yes I mean kid, well teenager. Don't let yourself be fooled by his age, he is the owner of one of the largest, if not the largest Facebook Page about bow hunting. Talk about about a great person to work with  on Huntography - West Virginia.

For more information on the West Virginia Huntography page, blog, what we're doing, or where we're at or going be you can find it here at westvirginia.huntography.com/.

To see if there is a hyperlocal Huntographer in your state you can check here at http://westvirginia.huntography.com/states/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...