Friday, November 18, 2011

How Many Points!?!?!

If you remember back a couple weeks ago when I posted a TCT that lead with a picture of a non-typical buck taken on a property next to Foggy Mountain, you're in for a treat. If not then you can look to the right a see the same picture that lead that post. Now you many be sitting there wondering why you are in for a treat.. It's not because it's almost rifle season in WV. It is not because The Will to Hunt finally posted on how I can save money on outdoor gear, however,  this will allow me to keep breathing once Cassie sees my next purchase, haha. Is it because we finally have a better idea of many points the buck (pictured right) has, were getting warmer. Is it because we finally have some quality pictures of it, you're starting to burn up. Who know this would turn into a game of Hotter/Colder? Not I... (Side note, Cassie says I am a dork.)

 Any ways on to the point of this, this buck that we have been chasing has 15 score-able points, or should I said had. That's right, he was harvested this past weekend. Yet again I didn't have any part in the harvesting of a buck on Foggy Mountain, but James (the one who originally had the Trail Cam pictures) took him on this past Saturday evening. Sorry for the quality of the first picture, it was taken with a cell phone, but the second pictures makes up for it and gives a better prospective of a head on shot. I think this just proves, even though WV is only known for having average deer hunting, we can still a few quality bucks hidden up our sleeves.

Look at the mass!!!


Talk about a freak!!!

5 comments:

  1. That's what everyone keeps saying.. From what everyone is saying, it is a mix between and moose and an elk on that one side.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odd looking rack , but don't think there aren't big bucks in WV. Two of the biggest deer I've ever seen came from the southern part of the state. I should take a picture of the mounts to email you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice buck it looks really great hanging on my wall my hoyt got the job done again :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...