Sunday, November 14, 2010

Where did all the deer go?

It is now a month into bow season and I have still yet to harvest a deer, hell who am I kidding. I've yet to have a deer within 40 yards of my stand. Well that is at least when I'm there, there are plenty of trail camera pictures of deer frequenting my stand at all hours, but it just seems to be the hours that I'm not there. I'm not trying to make this a woe as me post, I just need a little venting session I believe.

Now that I got that over with, I'm now trying to figure out what the problem is with my stand, it was a great location last year. I had at least one to three bucks frequenting it last year, but I have no clue what happened to it. There's a saying my friend told me; "Don't hang your stand on memories, hang it on facts." Well even though this was partially true, hanging it on facts, I hadn't even bothered to think about moving it, maybe I should. They did some timbering a few properties over and were running new power lines on that same property, so I'm sure that had to affect the deers movement, not to mention the fact that this years acorn crop was one of the largest in recent years. There are plenty of reason why I'm not seeing deer I guess, and only thing I can do is more scouting and prep better for next year. Thanks for listening to me whine about this, I still love being in the woods, even if I don't see a deer, just sometimes I need to rant to realize how lucky I am to be able to just sit there and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...